| "This isn't enough evidence."|
This article is Trace Evidence. You can help the Crime Lab by investigating it further.
|Minor Character: Las Vegas|
|Family||Janeth hughes (mother)|
|Pathology||Budding Serial Killer|
Budding Serial Rapist
|No. of Victims||1 killed|
|Portrayed By||Chelsea Hobbs (adult); Abby Bankston (child)|
"I just wanted to give Gina another flower. I'm a good girl. I'm a good girl."
"I don't have any friends because I don't trust anyone. The shrinks call it PTSD. I say, once you've been chained to a bed and raped for 1,112 days, it's better to be alone."
Colleen Hughes was abducted by couple Gina and Todd Sinclair, who raped, tortured, and murdered four other girls before her. Hughes was subjected to the same brutalities and violations for three years, the most compliant out of all the girls the Sinclairs victimized. She was soon rescued, but she was left severely traumatized from her victimizations, and she eventually developed a severe Stockholm Syndrome towards Gina Sinclair, feeling a twisted sympathy and emotional connection towards her. After she was released on parole, lying about how she was coerced by her husband into committing the crimes she did, Hughes then decided to carry on the Sinclair crimes in collaboration with Ryan Thomas, who filmed them while they happened.
"I can take care of myself. I'm done being a victim."
Hughes and Thomas started off by killing Samantha Chase before they dismembered her and Thomas tossed her in a landfill. Originally suspecting the newly-paroled Gina Sinclair, Colleen was informed of her release, seemingly horrified over it, and stated she refused to have protection and go live with her parents. She soon abducts another girl, and the CSIs assume she's the most recent victim, leaving them stunned to find her torturing another girl while Thomas films. Colleen is soon arrested and taken away while she says she committed the crimes for Gina Sinclair, and she is eventually institutionalized given her state of mind.
Hughes copied the M.O. and victimology of the Sinclairs almost perfectly with the assistance of Thomas.
- Ryan Thomas (boyfriend?; incarcerated or institutionalized)
- September: Samantha Chase (found and identified on October 5, 2011)
- October 5: Unnamed girl (attempted; abducted, held captive, raped, and tortured; was rescued)
- Chelsea Hobbs, who portrayed Colleen Hughes, previously portrayed spree killer Courtney Haywood/Jill Quinn in CSI: Miami.
- Michael Grant Terry, who portrayed accomplice Ryan Thomas, also portrayed "squintern" Wendell Bray on the American crime drama Bones and serial rapist and single-time murderer Chris Salters on the American crime drama Criminal Minds.
- Colleen Hughes appears to partly be inspired by Colleen Stan. Aside from sharing the same names, both women share being held captive and repeatedly raped and tortured by a criminally sadistic couple for an extensive portion of their youth. Both of them also developed Stockholm syndrome as a result of the captivity and trauma they suffered, as well as a means of fighting back to stay alive.
|CSI:Crime Scene Investigation|