|Main Character: Las Vegas|
|Name||David Gregory Phillips|
|Family||Amy Phillips (wife) |
Joshua Adam Phillips (son)
Isaac Phillips (father)
|Portrayed By||David Berman|
David Gregory Phillips (nicknamed "Super Dave") is the assistant coroner to Chief Medical Examiner Al Robbins. He often takes Doc Robbins' place in the field, as Robbins, due of his partial disability, is unable to do the "grunt" work required for field personnel. David received his self-ascribed nickname after saving the life of a victim during an autopsy.
On the Job
Considering his line of work, he is not fazed by much. However, when a victim was missing her eyeballs and had something in her mouth, David was scared to open her mouth in case her eyes were in there ("Tressed to Kill"). Though, earlier in the series, the main characters tease him about his supposed lack of social experience, David marries at some point early in the seventh season. He reveals his wife enjoys hearing all the grotesque details of his job ("Leapin' Lizards"). During the eighth season, signs show his wife is attempting to change his look but this appears to be unsuccessful.
His relationship with Doc Robbins is a very friendly one, they both enjoy each other's company and have a solid relationship with each other, both of their wives know each other. David and his wife regularly have dinner with Doc Robbins and his wife. David also has a very good relationship with all the others on the CSI team. Catherine sometimes acted as a mother-like figure to him.
Since David often has to lift the body, so it can be taken back to lab, he often hurts his back or complains about some illness due to carrying them. One running gag is that he is almost always late to pick up the body due to some obscure reason but the CSIs always let him off.
|CSI:Crime Scene Investigation|
- David became a main cast member at the beginning of the tenth season.
- Although appeared in the episodes Friends & Lovers, Who Are You? and Blood Drops from season one and Built to Kill, Part 2 from season seven he was uncredited.
- Although credited in the opening titles, he doesn't appear in the episode Cello and Goodbye from season eleven and Consumed from season fourteen.
- It was mentioned in A La Cart that David's family is Jewish as he mentions that they celebrate bar mitzvahs.
- David is a fan of Astro Quest.
- He had a crush on Sara Sidle, though it wore off later in the series when he started dating his future wife.
- His son, Joshua Adam Phillips, was born in Dead of the Class.
- He must have been born in 1979, having graduated High School in 1998. (Dead of the Class)