|Dead Woman Walking|
|Original Airdate||February 10, 2003|
|Previous Episode: Forced Entry|
|Next Episode: Evidence of Things Unseen|
Dead Woman Walking is the fifteenth episode in season one of CSI: Miami.
A dead man is found on a Miami street with a broken neck and cash. This leads to an environmental lawyer, Belle King, who is poisoned with a radioactive isotope and apparently only has one week left to live as the CSI team tracks down her murderer.
A junkie is found murdered with his neck broken, suspecting he may had a struglle with his killer Alexx bags the man's hands. But when she takes then off in the morgue the right one is corroded, Horatio quickly realizes it's radiation poisoning and signs the alarm to evacuate the building. A team of specialists later enters the building and also analyse the team, they find the only big source of radiation is the body. Horatio theorizes the junkie stole from someone carrying a liquid used in radiation treatement and his victim killed him, this means the killer was likely carrying it illegally and may have another target.
The evidence eventually leads to Belle King, a lawyer suing Risher Pharmaceuticals for contaminating groundwater, she has poisoned with radiation and will die in days. They initially suspect the company of killing Belle, but later come to suspect Belle's source inside the company, she however refuses to name him fearing the evidence she gathered would be inadmissible. The team is later able to idenify the source as Parker Boyd, Boyd was furious with Belle because she seduced him to get the information but had no real interest in him and so he poisoned her. The episode ends with Horatio visiting a dying Belle, he reveals Boyd's guilt but that while searching Rhiser's they found all the evidence of their dealings and the lawsuit will continue. Belle thanks him and then dies peacefully.
- David Caruso as Horatio Caine
- Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne
- Adam Rodríguez as Eric Delko
- Khandi Alexander as Alexx Woods
- Rory Cochrane as Tim Speedle
- Michael Whaley as Detective Bernstein
- Karen Sillas as Belle King
- Adam Baldwin as De Soto, Radiation Man #1
- Eddie Jemison as Parker Boyd
- John Getz as George Risher
- Jeremy Roberts as Sam Carver
- Maria Teresa Rangel as Belle's Office Worker
- Rachel Singer as Janet Carver
- Greg Crooks as Carl Aspen
- Stevie Johnson as Radiation Man #2
- Cory Hardrict as Darnell Jackson
- The plot is very similar to one that was in the fourth season of NCIS and even had a similar title, Dead Man Walking. In that case it was a Navy officer who requested the NCIS team investigate his own 'death', as he was being actively poisoned by the very radiation his job was meant to find.
|CSI:Miami Season 1|
|Golden Parachute • Losing Face • Wet Foot/Dry Foot • Just One Kiss • Ashes to Ashes • Broken • Breathless • Slaughterhouse • Kill Zone • A Horrible Mind • Camp Fear • Entrance Wound • Bunk • Forced Entry • Dead Woman Walking • Evidence of Things Unseen • Simple Man • Dispo Day • Double Cap • Grave Young Men • Spring Break • Tinder Box • Freaks and Tweaks • Body Count|