| "This isn't enough evidence."|
This article is Trace Evidence. You can help the Crime Lab by investigating it further.
|Minor Character: New York|
|Birth Date||March 11, 1983|
|Pathology|| Serial Arsonist|
|No. of Victims||1|
|Portrayed By||Mageina Tovah|
- "Fire is the only thing you think about. The way it looks, the way it smells, the way it moves - those were your words!"
- ―Eva's psychotic breakdown
Eva Mason was a psychology student. Prior to that she had been convicted of arson in Pennsylvania, but left the state while on parole. As part of her studies, which focused on arsonists and pyromaniacs, she interviewed convicted arsonist Leonard Brooks and became increasingly obsessed with him.
|This section is a stub and requires expanding|
Mason copied Brooks' M.O. when starting fires and even picked some of the same addresses. However, she would also set up tripwire traps consisting of balloons filled with triethylaluminium, which catches fire upon contact with air, that were stacked on an improvised shelf over a doorway that would break when firemen broke the tripwire and cause an explosion that would kill them.
- Unspecified dates-July 2012: Unspecified number of victimless fire in Pennsylvania
- September 26: Captain Curtis Smith (killed with a tripwire fire trap)
- September 28:
- The fire at 152 8th Street in Brooklyn (no fatalities; the fire trap wasn't triggered)
- Leonard Brooks (attempted to kill; held at gunpoint and tried to kill in a gas explosion)