|Original Airdate||May 5, 2003|
|Previous Episode: Spring Break|
|Next Episode: Freaks and Tweaks|
Tinder Box is the twenty-second episode in season one of CSI: Miami.
Speedle and Delko are present when a trendy nightclub catches fire, apparently from a DJ's pyrotechnics display, killing 16 people and injuring dozens of others. But the ensuing investigation reveals it may have been arson to cover up a murder. Also, Horatio probes the death of a prostitute who is found dead in a judge's bathroom in his home.
The episode begins with Speed and Delko going into a nightclub where the latter meets a young woman, Connie Wilkes, and they connect. However after Dj Scorpius activates some fireworks a raging fire engulfs the club, several people are killed either by the smoke or in a stampede with the two CSI barely escaping (Connie later dies in the hospital). In the later investigation a murdered bartender is discovered, this and blood on Speed own shirt leads to a surprising culprit: Danny Maxwell. Danny is a friend of Eric and bouncer of the club, however Danny's family are from Firemen, obssessed into becoming one after three rejections he plotted to become a hero by saving everyone from the fire only for it to get out of control. During the case Horatio is called to investigate the death of a prostitute in a judge's house, she's is quickly revealed to be another victim of the fire and that the club owner Quantin Haid is running a prostitution ring. Horatio indicts the owner for both that and the fire, after evidence proves he had illegally replaced his roof insulation with a inflammable variant. The episode ends with Horatio convincing the club's fire investigator, Ronny Jameson, not to quit his job because of his guilt while Eric donates blood in Connie's name.
- David Caruso as Horatio Caine
- Emily Procter as Calleigh Duquesne
- Adam Rodríguez as Eric Delko
- Khandi Alexander as Alexx Woods
- Rory Cochrane as Tim Speedle
- Rex Linn as Frank Tripp
- Michael Whaley as Detective Bernstein
- Ben Browder as Danny Maxwell
- Richard Edson as Quentin Haid
- John F. O'Donohue as Ronnie Jameson
- Robert Beltran as Judge Ojeda
- William Lee Scott as DJ Scorpius
- Lisa Gerber as Veronica
- Jaclyn Gutierrez as Connie Wilkes
- Richard Romero as Pablo Griffith
- Heather Salmon as Blood Bank Nurse
- Craig Kvinsland as Johnny Brosnan
- Bill Doyle as Insurance Appraiser
- Ike Ogut as Mark Ranger
- Natalia Cigliuti as Toni, Blood Analyst
- Geneviere Anderson as Jill Susan
- This episode was not aired in the Rhode Island CBS affiliate WPRI TV 12, due to the similarities to a real-life tragedy which occurred at a local nightclub called The Station.
- Ben Browder guest stars playing Danny Maxwell (the club's bouncer). He also appeared as main characters in the television shows Farscape and Stargate SG-1.
|CSI:Miami Season 1|
|Golden Parachute • Losing Face • Wet Foot/Dry Foot • Just One Kiss • Ashes to Ashes • Broken • Breathless • Slaughterhouse • Kill Zone • A Horrible Mind • Camp Fear • Entrance Wound • Bunk • Forced Entry • Dead Woman Walking • Evidence of Things Unseen • Simple Man • Dispo Day • Double Cap • Grave Young Men • Spring Break • Tinder Box • Freaks and Tweaks • Body Count|